Out of every 20 profile pages I look at, here's how they typically break down:
- 4 are essentially blank; they're a saucy picture and either zero words or one sentence that says "hi send me a msg if u wanna know more kthx"
- 2 are overtly churchy; "I'm totally devoted to Jesus and I want to find a man to help me on my journey"
- 10 are just straight-up borning as shit; mundane comments like "I like spending time with friends and family" and "I value trust in a relationship" litter the place, and they inevitably work in something like marketing
- 1 is more-pretentious-than-thou; there are big stupid glasses, selfies whilst drinking PBR, and references to shitty bands like The xx (which means they haven't rewritten their thing in a few months and now nobody gives a shit about 'em, gasp!)
- 2 are mildly interesting; there are hints at there being an actual person with depth in there somewhere, buried under descriptions of how they enjoy travelling, like to take their dog for a walk, or have a niece who's really just so adorable
- 1 sizzles; she's funny, witty, smart, engaged with the world, decent-lookin', and... well, guess what, she probably gets a shit-ton of emails a day, buckaroo
So then, ten percent of women... that's what you're left with. And they'll get flooded with ridiculous messages, too, so... y'know, you might as well just shoot yourself now and save everyone the trouble.