Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Well, it looks like I gotta revive this one.

Back from the dead comes the Brain-spillings.

I blew my cover, what can I say.

Like a dolt, I put an obscure link from my Facebook page to my other, more-current blog. And today after work, a co-worker of mine slyly mentioned, "So, I guess you've got time to have a couple of good dates, eh?"

I was puzzled... how did she know?

(The look on my face must've given away the puzzlement.)

"I read your blog. It's fun."

Uh-oh.

As I suggested over there, worlds are colliding. In fact, they sure did collide.

There are things I tell my work friends, and things I tell my non-work friends. And that's not because I like one group more or less, it's really not. But I just don't want to let those worlds collide. I'm not really sure why, but it just doesn't seem... right.

That's why I hesitated a long time to put any work-folk on my Facebook. Worlds, man.

Also, the woman I went on a couple of good dates with, well, she said she just wasn't feeling it. Which fucking sucked, because I liked her. I walked her to the southbound subway platform -- missing my own northbound train, natch -- and asked if I could kiss her goodnight. This is after we walked from Carlton all the way up to Bloor after seeing a movie. But she made me miss the train, and then she gave me the ol' thumbs-down. And so in my head I'm trying to figure out when she decided that I'd get the heave-ho, was it in the movie when I didn't, say, put my hand on her leg? Because that's a big move and we saw that Seth McFarlane movie and that's not really a hand-on-leg kind of movie (she picked it), so is that really appropriate? Ugh. I just don't want to think about it anymore. And I've largely succeeded in doing so. But I figure I just had to get it out here. And that's something I couldn't have done over there.

* * * * *

And the fucking Tigers lost tonight and they're in second place. Jesus goddamn christ.

No comments: