Thursday, September 06, 2012

A collection of things that shall be said.

The bottom of my right foot hurts intermittently.

My students this year seem quite alright. Then again, we're in that honeymoon period where they'll do what I tell them, unquestioningly, no matter who they are. That usually lasts about to the end of the second week. But I have a good feeling about most of these kids.

I don't like to be used as a pawn for the Ontario Liberal party. I hope they don't win both by-elections today, thus getting a de facto majority (the Speaker votes with the government).

I think I'm going to start working out. I inadvertently entered a friendly competition amongst a few friends, most of whom already work out, and... well, we'll see how that goes.

Why is it still so damn hot?

I haven't played baseball since July. Watched a hell of a lot of games, but haven't thrown a ball in almost six weeks.

I doubt I've worn a wristwatch more than 20 times in the past dozen years.

I lost a few important little pieces of paper at work today, and I have no clue where they are, and it's driving me crazy.

I don't like losing things.

I "upgraded" my desktop computer's Ubuntu to the latest version, and I hate it with a passion. It took a couple of hours to upgrade, and it'll probably take me a week to reinstall the old version (but not wipe out all my data files; don't worry, mom, I'll back up everything important).

"Mixed Emotions" is probably the best song the Rolling Stones have recorded in the past thirty years.

I might go to bed Friday night and sleep straight through until Monday morning. It could very well happen. 'Tis the season.

No comments: