Sunday, January 01, 2012

A few resolutions.

In 2012 I resolve to...
  • Drink more.
  • Chase women more often.
  • Cook awesome food.
  • Bake more bread.
  • Spend less time at work.
  • See more baseball games.
...'cause ya gotta have goals.

But, being slightly more serious for a moment, I think the main thing I'm shooting for this year is to live more vibrantly. That can take on a bunch of different guises, some of which I've listed above.

A friend of mine asked me a couple of days ago how I'd rate 2011, and I gave it a B-plus. But then I started thinking back to 2007, my first full year back in Toronto after being in grad school, and... the years pretty much all run together. Don't get me wrong, there have definitely been important milestones along the way — but in the end I don't think I've changed a great deal since then (other than your standard growing older/wiser sort of deal).

Is this how life is? Do years blur together, indistinguishable from one another? I hope not. Then again, when we were all in uni, we couldn't picture making like Loverboy and "working for the weekend," but we all do, don't we?

1 comment:

Ink Slinger said...

lol....err. nice goals you have there!! i like the spend less time at work...now i shall have to figure out how to get paid more for that!!
Happy New Year!
Having lived in Toronto... i must say...i miss Canada!!