Monday, October 03, 2011

OK, here's the plan.

Tuesday, 1:55pm
Finish teaching a room full of grade 9s. Hopefully the walls are still intact.

2:00
Someone else starts my grade 12s off on research for their project.

2:10
I'm in my car, hitting the road... specifically the 401 westbound, hopefully before the majority of the afternoon rush.

5:30
Crossing the Bluewater Bridge from Sarnia to Port Huron, and hoping the afternoon rush hour doesn't really affect the lineup too much.

6:15
Dropping my stuff off at a hotel on the outskirts of Detroit.

7:30
Sipping a beer at the Beer Hall in Comerica Park.

8:30
First pitch of Tigers-Yankees, ALDS Game 4... section 218, Mezzanine level.

11:45-ish
The game ends, hopefully with a win for the good guys.

Wednesday, 12:30am-ish
Get all tucked into bed in the aforementioned hotel.

5:30
Wake up, shower, grab coffee and pastry.

6:00
Hit the road.

10:00
Arrive back in Toronto, fresh as a daisy.

10:20
Teach my period 2 grade 9s; my prep period is first that day.

This is gonna be NUTS.

3 comments:

thea said...

you're allowed to clock out early to go see a ball game? Being a teacher rules!

JTL said...

....not really. I didn't tell anyone in the front office what I was doing. It was a "personal appointment." And, it's the first time I've done anything like this; hell, I've only taken one sick day in 9-plus years.

thea said...

In high school I once asked my teacher if she had ever taken a sick day just for fun and she told me, "No, I have to actually be sick. Sick of you doesn't count."