Monday, April 25, 2011

Yawn.


Look... Sun TV News, Sun News Network, Fox News North, whatever the hell you want to call yourself: let me offer you a little advice.

Let's say you want to be the STRAIGHT TALK and HARD HITTING and WE TELL YOU WHAT THOSE OTHER ASSHOLES ARE TOO CHICKENSHIT TO SAY news network of Canada. This means a certain amount of, for lack of a better word, "bombast" is needed. You gotta punch it up!

I've watched snippets of a few different shows on this sad excuse for a news channel, and the one word I'd use to describe it is... boring. With the exception of known nitwit Ezra Levant showing the Prophet Mohammed cartoons on the first day, what sorts of waves has it made? Zero, that's how many.

Oh, don't get me wrong: they say things which are as idiotic as their broadcast cousins to the south. I just finished watching some moron say, on the topic of having some sort of nutritional and exercise guidelines put out by a government, and I'm paraphrasing here a bit, "I don't want the government telling me what I can and can't eat." And that was his big punchline.

(A few minutes earlier, they dragged David Frum out from his adopted cave in DC, only for him to say bizarre and noncommital things like, "If you are a conservative in Canada, you can feel very happy casting a vote for the Tories this election." Why wouldn't you, Dave? There's one party on the Right up here, and it sure ain't Layton's.)

Here's what you need, Sun:


This'll cure what ails ya.

No comments: