Monday, November 15, 2010

Quasimedical treatment preview: Sweat it out.

Around midday Saturday I started feeling not-so-well: headache, hurt all over, sore throat, the usual. Continued on into Sunday, and of course today at work.

A colleague of mine said that her fiancĂ© has a remedy for whenever he gets a cold: before going to bed, he gets all bundled up in a sweater and pants, wraps himself in a comforter, and "sweats it out." She claims that, the next day, he never has a cold — "but I share the bed too, and it's a little gross to have him sweating so much." (For the record, he's a huge beast of a man who's 6'7" and played football in uni; she can't be much more than 5'3" and might, might crack triple-digits on a scale.)

Seeing as how the NyQuil Experiment ended in tingly fingertips and next-day fuzziness, I think I'd be willing to give this one a try. Track-pants and hoodie, here I come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had mixed results with this approach. Let me know how it goes.

ECB