Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summertime (essentially), and the livin' is easy (for the most part).

At about 4:30 pm, on my way out to the parking lot, I looked around a bit to make sure nobody saw me (the place was pretty empty, but you never know), thought a bit about the logistics of the manoeuvre, as I had never really attempted it before... and I jumped up and clicked my heels together (as best as one can while wearing sandals).

Exams? Done.

Marks? Submitted.

Life? Returned to me.

Sure, the next few days I have to go in, clean stuff up, plan for next year, haul old equipment to the dumpster, check over textbook lists, and possibly cover for my co-department-head whose mom is battling an illness and do her end-of-year stuff, too.

No matter, though. As long as the ten-month treadmill of classes and marking and classes and marking is stopped, I'm a happy guy.


Thank you, Alice. You are quite right.

No comments: