Sunday, May 02, 2010

Barack Obama, comedian.

At the Washington Correspondents Dinner last night, Obama was full of zingers, quips and one-liners. My favourite:

"I see that the Jonas Brothers are here. Sasha and Malia are huge fans. But boys, don't you go getting any ideas now. I've got two words for you: predator drones."

Another one of note:

"Jay Leno is here tonight. He'll be on later. I'm glad I'm going on before him, because we all know what happens to your ratings if you go on after Jay."

Finally, another one about approval ratings:

"We've had a lot of ups and downs in the past year, since I spoke to you last. My approval ratings, well, they've only gone down. But, rest assured, my rating is still very high in the country of my birth."

Ah! What a ham. If it turns out that the Birthers are right and he has to leave office, he should try his hand on the stand-up circuit. (Then again, if he has to leave office, the thought of President Biden gives me the heebie-jeebies.)

(But not as much as the idea of President Palin does.)

No comments: