Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Look, people.

No, I mean that literally.

When you're crossing the street, FUCKING LOOK WHERE YOU'RE GOING, ASSHOLE.

I'm originally from a small town. We didn't have traffic lights (or public transit or chlorinated water). As such, whenever one of us ventured into a big city, we looked where the hell we were going.

I still do it, too. "You can take the boy out of the country," etc.

In the past 15 days here in The Centre Of The Universe, 14 pedestrians are now taking the ol' dirt-nap because they've been hit by cars. And, I gotta say, I'm surprised it's not more.

Everywhere you look, you see an inattentive, too-busy, cellphone-yakking, iPod-blasting, text-messaging, latté-drinking thumbdick plowing down the street, not looking where they're going. Maybe I notice them because I actively try to be as far away from that archetype as possible, but they're all over the place, and now they're getting picked-off by Chryslers.

So, please, I implore all you d-bags out there: look where you're going.

1 comment:

Eve said...

That's true. It's very easy to blame the victim. But I've noticed too that there are just as many assholes on the road that *I* have to watch out for, in case they plough into the side of my car. The person who hit the 14th victim jumped out of her car and immediately began screaming, "I didn't see her! I didn't see her!" If you don't look out for pedestrians, you won't see them.