Sunday, December 13, 2009

A steaming, barren rock in the North Atlantic.

Q: What better place is there to spend New Year's than Reykjavík?

A: Just about everywhere.

But hey, I've never been there before, and you only live once, right? Shit, a few years ago I spent New Year's in Thunder Bay, and that's a hell of a lot colder than either Toronto or Reykjavík.

When the calendar flips over to 2010, I'll be sippin' the Brennivín with such notable Icelanders as:


Renowned musician/actor/weirdo Björk!


Hazy-post-rock superstars Sigur Rós!


Ultra-strongman Magnús Ver Magnússon!


Olympic bronze medal-winning pole-vaulter Vala Flosadóttir!


Random smokin'-hot pale-eyed and pale-haired Nordic beauties! And,


The statue of Leif Ericson!

Yeah, it's gonna be a great time. And yeah, it took me forever to figure out how to put all the squiggly and dotty bits on all those letters. Fuck I hate Iceland.

1 comment:

kelly o said...

Have a great time! Iceland's been on my list of places to see for a while now - let me know how it is.