Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Contentment.

I'm not entirely sure why this feeling came over me as I drove home today from work.

It's not like anything big or amazing has happened — I still have about four major work-related things on the go which don't actually involve teaching, my own baseball season is starting soon (which will take up my Sunday afternoons/evenings from now until Labour Day, with a couple weekend-long tournaments thrown in), my love-life is in the crapper, the price of gasoline is creeping back upwards, the conflict in Sri Lanka continues to rage, and Toronto's thinking about banning right turns on red lights.

But as I listened to the opening saxophone-laced introduction to the first track of Black Mountain's self-titled album while sipping a coffee and driving down Kingston Road, for some reason I felt completely relaxed. All the stress and stupidness of my life just melted away for some unknown reason, and I started grinning like an idiot who just figured out how to use Velcro for the first time.

Sometimes you just gotta roll with it.

1 comment:

ecb said...

Banning right on reds is ridiculous. Toronto will just turn into Chicago where pedestrians THINK cars won't turn on red but will realize that cars don't obey traffic rules after they've been run over. Feh.