Friday, April 03, 2009

Brief but pertinent observations.

Milk is really expensive at Sobey's.

Severely thrashing a bar full of people on Buzztime (formerly NTN) Trivia is satisfying.

Britney Spears should stop singing.

You can really spend a lot on a hammer if you want to, but you probably don't have to.

Dollar-store soy sauce sounds like a good idea, but it's going to taste like shit. Spend the money for the real stuff.

Taking the TTC isn't so bad if you're not in a hurry, but if you are, life's probably gonna suck.

TV commercials are too loud.

You probably won't need a vase too often, but there'll probably come a time when you'll need one, at which point you'll wish you had one around.

Neil Young's After The Gold Rush album is really, really good.

That's all for today. Next time, we'll discuss the 51st way to leave your lover — the way that Paul Simon didn't want you to know about!

6 comments:

Eve said...

Taking the TTC is great if you're old, but if you look less than 25, the TTC is every bus driver's opportunity to go on a power trip and treat you like an asshole. Which is not as fun.

Buying food at a dollar store is possibly the worst idea in the world.

I want to play trivia again! We should go to a place and play trivia and tell toilet-themed jokes like old times.

ecb said...

How much is milk at Sobey's? Although I agree milk is expensive, buying lactose-free milk is even more expensive (did I mention I'm lactose intolerant now?).

The TTC can eat my ass.

JTL said...

Two litres of milk at Sobey's were $4.59, which is an outrage.

This is the same place that charged me $1.49 for a can of your shitty Bravo pasta sauce.

Dan said...

This is a slippery slope, J. The next thing you'll be upset by is kids playing on your lawn or using too many curse words.

JTL said...

One of my ultimate life goals is to become the crotchety old man who sits on his porch armed with a BB gun, daring kids to walk across his property. So, thank you for the kind words.

ecb said...

$1.49 for Bravo sauce is a true travesty. Who does Sobey's think it is? Also, that's the most expensive milk I've ever heard of aside from my special gimp milk. I will never shop at Sobey' sagain...until I'm rich and powerful. Then I'll shop there every day just because I can. Bravo sauce for everyone!