Sunday, March 22, 2009

Next year's March Break plans.

As far as I can tell, next year's March Break week of holidays will be March 15-19, inclusive. And I already know what I'm going to do:

0

That's zero. As in nothing, zip, nada, dick-all, fuck-all. Kicking back, screwing the pooch, spending quality time with my couch. No four-day union meetings (despite the free awesome food and booze and, next year, single room at a swank hotel), no jaunts to spring training baseball games (despite the sunshine and the chance to catch a home run during batting practice, which I did), no family stuff (despite my loving them to bits). So, if you want to find me next March, you'll know exactly where to look.

* * * * * * *

In a related aside, I talked yesterday with fellow blogger (and fellow Triumph-appreciator) ECB about always having stupid crap to do, and not being able to hang out with friends as much as I should. We have a mutual friend, C, to whom I've said, "Hey, let's grab some beers sometime," a billion times since about January — but we've never managed to get together. ECB suggested that I've become the "Hey, let's do lunch!" person who never actually follows through on sharing that meal together.

I really, really don't want to become that douche.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I need to make my life less eventful.

* * * * * * *

The aforementioned ECB alerted me just now to a panel discussion which appeared on Fox "News" in which the "experts" belittle Canada's military endeavour in Afghanistan — notwithstanding the fact we've lost 116 soldiers after helping out with this conflict as an ally of the United States itself. If you want to feel honest-to-goodness rage, click here. (I'm normally pretty mild-mannered, but I only made it as far as "We in America have police. They have Mounties. Ours ride in cars. They're on horses!" Then I had to either stop, or throw up.) Absolutely disgusting.

1 comment:

JTL said...

Sorry.

I really should've said "Triumph Superfan ECB".