Sunday, March 01, 2009

I think I'm tired, but I'm not sure.

Yesterday, over a hundred kiddies at the school participated in the 30-Hour Famine to raise money for a charity whose name escapes me. This meant they started fasting at 12:01am on Friday, and went until 6:01am on Saturday... so they stayed overnight at the school on Friday night.

Because I'm ever-so-popular, my Friday night plans were to have originally included:
  1. Coming home
  2. Eating dinner
  3. Going to bed by 10:30
  4. Sleeping the Sleep Of Ages until noon on Saturday
However, one of my colleagues who was helping to organize the thing came to me on Wednesday and said, "Please, J, the kids need more teachers to supervise them... could you do the midnight-to-8-am shift?" Said colleague is really good at doing puppy-dog eyes, so I relented under the condition that I could go home, have a nap, have some dinner, and come on back at midnight. Which I did.

The problem is, I'm not sure (as of now, 12:20 am on Sunday) if I'm actually tired, or I'm good for hours, or what the heck is going on. I got home at about 9 this morning, slept intermittently from about 10 until 2 (I think), and I guess I should technically go to bed now, right?

I'm reminded of a Seinfeld episode where Kramer decides that, instead of sleeping all throughout the night in one block, he'd be up for 6 hours, sleep for 2, be up for another six hours, sleep for another 2, and so on. I don't think it turned out well, so I think it'd be in my best interest to try and get some sleep.

I think.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

if you think you're tired but aren't sure, then you're WAY past tired.