Monday, February 16, 2009

Three things for a holiday Monday.

1. Family Day is a bit of a stupid concept. What am I supposed to do — tell my family that I love them or something? They know already. Besides, my parents are in Florida right now; they have better things to do than to hear stuff like that from their idiot kid. Plus, we're pretty WASPy, so we don't really show our feelings to each other. (Yep, the stereotypes are true.)

2. It pains me to say this, but for the second time in my life, I've (re-)discovered an artist based on a song that was used on a TV commercial. The first time it was Nick Drake in that VW ad about a decade ago; this time it's Allen Toussaint, on that ad for Axe body spray which has that dude who's entirely made of chocolate, and chicks are taking bites out of him. The song is called "Touch Of Love," and it pretty much rocks my world right now. Hit up either YouTube or Deezer, and you'll agree with me, I'm sure.

3. I work with someone who has a Bacon Number of 2. That means, if this person and I somehow appeared in a film together, I would have a Bacon Number of 3. Look up an actor, any actor, no matter how obscure, here.

* * * * *

SPECIAL BONUS THING!

4. My across-the-hall neighbour's dog is howling again. I've been thinking about it, and it sounds like a mix between a drunk five-year-old's attempt to yodel, a squeaky shopping-cart wheel, and a coyote. Keep in mind that your coffeemaker probably outweighs this sorry excuse for an animal. Someone fetch me my nonexistent gun.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Thanks, That Axe song is great!

ecb said...

This Oracle of Bacon website is astounding. I don't even want to know how long it took to put together. Also I selected three actors at random: Clint Eastwood, Zsa Zsa Gabor, and Michael Cera. ALL THREE lead to the movie 'New York I Love You' and had Bacon numbers of 2.