Thursday, February 05, 2009

Look, a bunch of things.

More than you ever wanted to know about me, I'm sure.

Do you like blue cheese? In salad-dressing form, yes. In cheese-form, I could take it or leave it.

Have you ever smoked? Cigarettes, you mean? A total of two puffs, both while drunk, and not in the past ten years. I didn't exactly go to Flavour Country, and I was never in danger of being Alive With Pleasure.

Do you own a gun? No.

What flavor of Kool Aid is your favorite? I've always been partial to orange.

Do you get nervous before dentist appointments? Not at all. Bill's great.

What do you think of hot dogs? Ain't nothin' like a little Toronto Streetcock... ketchup, honey mustard, banana peppers, and fake bacon bits.

Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Favorite thing to drink in the morning? Coffee. Either 2 sugar/1 cream or 1 sugar/black.

Can you do push ups? A few.

What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I don't wear jewelry of any kind, except if I'm wearing a suit — then I might wear the fancy watch I got for being Best Man at my brother's wedding.

Favorite hobby? All things baseball — playing, reading about it, watching it, going to Florida for spring training.

Do you have ADD? I can focus for extremely long periods of time, so no.

What's one trait you hate about yourself? I'm an inconsistent perfectionist.

Middle name? You are never, ever squeezing this out of me.

Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
1. I really like Steely Dan's "Home At Last".
2. Why has my hot sauce turned colour? I hope it's still good.
3. I'm very busy at work these days.

Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Water, Coffee, Diet Pepsi.

Current worry? I hope we don't go out on strike.

Current hate right now? A tie: celebrities and Jesus-freak colleagues.

Favorite place to be? Baseball game, Detroit, sunny day, armed with peanuts and beer.

How did you bring in the new year? With a very tired Hubert and a very delicious plate of nachos at a pub in Ottawa, after seeing one of the best hockey games in World Juniors history (Canada/US).

Where would you like to go? It pains me to say this, but... somewhere warm.

Name three people who will complete this. I don't really care.

Do you own slippers? No, they're for little kids, my mom, and old people.

What shirt are you wearing? I'm wearing a green t-shirt with a couple of stripes, and an off-white hoodie.

Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I can't say, as I never have before.

Can you whistle? Quite well, yes.

Favorite color? Blue.

Would you be a pirate? Nah, I don't think I'm that malicious.

What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't really want to torture my neighbours in that way, and my place isn't that soundproof. I keep my singing to the car... even at that, though, I don't usually remember too many words of songs.

Favorite girl's name: I've always been partial to Olivia.

Favorite boy's name: I've always been partial to Avery. (I realize that name could go to either gender, but it's been in the back of my mind for a decade.)

What's in your pocket right now? Absolutely nothing.

Last thing that made you laugh? I actually have no idea, which is very weird.

What vehicle do you drive? When my Rolls convertible is in the shop, a Pontiac G5.

Worst injury you've ever had? Nasty ankle-twist, complete with crunching sounds (3 times).

Do you love where you live? I like my apartment, but you already know about my downstairs neighbour.

How many TVs do you have in your house? One, but I have another one sitting around. Does anyone want a 21" CRT TV? Inquire within.

Who is your loudest friend? Hubert, especially when his laughs turn into coughing fits, which they almost always do.

Do you have any pets? I have a houseplant named Sparky.

Does someone have a crush on you? I doubt it.

Your favourite book? Fiction, probably something by Kurt Vonnegut. Nonfiction is a tough one, but Matt Taibbi's stuff is always damn entertaining.

Do you collect anything? Books and CDs are about it.

Favorite Sports Team? If you have to ask, you don't know me too well.

What song do you want played at your funeral? "Lay It On The Line" by Triumph, at a very high volume.

2 comments:

ecb said...

I'm sure you can hear my thoughts about many of your answers, particularly the last one. However, I would just like to point out the inconsistent Canadian/American spelling in this post. Tsk tsk.

ecb said...

Do you like blue cheese? Funny you should ask because I was JUST thinking about blue cheese (this is actually true). I enjoy a dallop of blue cheese mixed with candied apricots on a leaf of endive topped with a spiced pecan.

Have you ever smoked? Yes. I blame growing up in the city that I grew up in.

Do you own a gun? No.

What flavor of Kool Aid is your favorite? Anything red.

Do you get nervous before dentist appointments? No but I do hate the needles.

What do you think of hot dogs? Toronto streetmeat beats all other types of hotdogs.

Favourite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Favorite thing to drink in the morning? A cup of half coffee, half hot chocolate.

Can you do push ups? Not a one.

What's your favourite piece of jewelry? My grandma's necklace.

Favorite hobby? I don't think I have a hobby. Do I? Oh, I guess wine tasting.

Do you have ADD? I am convinced I do.

What's one trait you hate about yourself? I don't think before I talk.

Middle name? We all know the story.

Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
1. I need to stop twiddling between questions.
2. How long can soy sauce last in the fridge?
3. I have to pee.

Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Juice, Coffee, tea.

Current worry? Going bald where I twiddle.

Current hate right now? Applications for anything.

Favourite place to be? I don't know. I think I have yet to be there. I'll find it.

How did you bring in the new year? Playing Nintendo with friends.

Where would you like to go? Switzerland and Spain.

Do you own slippers? Yes. They are in the shape of gorillas.

What shirt are you wearing? I am wearing my pear hoodie.

Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, and I'm not going to tell you why.

Can you whistle? In no way.

Favorite colour? I think indigo.

Would you be a pirate? I don't think so.

What songs do you sing in the shower? I have finally come to terms with the fact that I can't sing. It even irritates me now.

Favourite girl's name: Ok honestly, my name in Ukrainian.

Favorite boy's name: I like Nathaniel a lot. Also, Reza (don't ask).

What's in your pocket right now? Nothing.

Last thing that made you laugh? Something my friend said on the phone.

What vehicle do you drive? Nothing :(

Worst injury you've ever had? Broken ankle.

Do you love where you live? Mostly yes.

How many TVs do you have in your house? One.

Who is your loudest friend? Not sure. Eric?

Do you have any pets? No.

Does someone have a crush on you? Probably not.

Your favourite book? The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence.

Do you collect anything? I used to collect lots of stuff: buttons, bottle cap liners, marbles, etc. Now, nothing.

Favorite Sports Team? I generally don't root for teams.

What song do you want played at your funeral?

Safety Dance by Dandi Wind.