Saturday, December 06, 2008

An intimate portrait of Steve.

I remember hearing somewhere that, back in the '90s, when Preston Manning was running the Reform Party (and Steve Harper was just a lowly MP and economic critic), Steve took a nice long time to craft some sort of economic policy document for the party, off by himself somewhere. He presented it to Preston, and when the Leader of the Opposition suggested he make a few changes to the document, Steve shot back like a petulant 3-year-old, "No! This is it! It's done! You can't change ANYTHING!!!" (Or something to that effect.)

I hadn't thought about that anecdote much lately until I read this article today in the Star. Turns out Steve is much more of a loner crybaby than even I dreamt possible.

1 comment:

Renee said...

It makes me so mad that a) so many people still seem to support him and b) that I knew this all along but WOULD THEY LISTEN?