Monday, November 03, 2008

I love Canadian politics.

Yeah, the US gets a lot of attention.

But would the leader of a major US political party play an old game from the '60s called "Hip Flip" with an interviewer wearing a plaid tam? One of ours would; namely, Jack Layton. Hell, the same interviewer even once nailed the late, great, Pierre Elliot Trudeau on the question of rock and roll at 24 Sussex.

Also, I just want to go on the record to say I love Nardwuar the Human Serviette. I just watched him interview Whitby metalcore band Protest the Hero on The New Music, and while I'm not a fan of theirs in any way, shape or form, I have to admire how they handled Nardwuar's accusation (dug up through meticulous research) that their lead singer had never heard a song by the Pointer Sisters.

(Folks, it's either type random shit here on my blog, or mark physics tests. I think you can see which one has won, for now.)

No comments: