Thursday, September 11, 2008

A new low.

White people have been responsible for a lot of bad stuff throughout the years:
  • the African slave trade
  • colonialism
  • turning Australia into a 19th century version of Escape from New York
  • wooden shoes
  • Vanilla Ice
  • Starbucks
  • the Crusades
  • smallpox-infested blankets
However, I think this one might just top them all.


First brought to my attention by the good people at The Airing of Grievances. If you can get through this, you either (a.) have a stronger stomach than I do, or (b.) you've vomited several times already.

Now, to perhaps take some of the bad taste of that horrendous concoction of atonal fundamentalist Christians out of your mouth, I offer this incredibly catchy, incredibly cheesy, incredibly '80s pop nugget from the late Dan Hartman:


I am hopelessly addicted to this song. Frequent site-contributor ECB and I heard it somewhere in southeast Michigan whilst flipping through the dial a few weeks ago, and it slumbered in a far corner of my brain... until yesterday. You're welcome!

1 comment:

Renee said...

AUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Thanks SO MUCH. Shudder.