Some observations about Edmonton:
- People there never, ever jaywalk. They also wait extremely patiently for the little "walk-dude" to light up before they even make a motion towards crossing the street.
- The city has two downtowns; one north of the river (Edmonton) and one south of it (Old Strathcona). The southern one is more exciting; Whyte Avenue feels a little bit like Queen West in Toronto, yet still has a wild-west, windswept, cowboy kind of feel.
- The northern one has a lot of office buildings and parking lots.
- There are a lot of motorcycles.
- "Heritage Days" prove that the city actually has ethnic diversity aside from Ukrainian (although we did take in a Ukrainian dancing show).
- The mosquitos by the North Saskatchewan River have an unquenchable thirst for pale Ontarians.