Friday, May 23, 2008

Chasing skirts, coming up empty, but... whatev.

So, this girl I kinda liked as of late... well, she's gone a little crazy. Or maybe her Inner Crazy just came out in the light. Anyway, the point of the story is, I'm not that broken-up over it.

As I was explaining this to Frequent Site-Contributor ECB, a diagram started to materialize in my head. Because my memory is akin to that of a goldfish, I had to ditch ECB and start drawing.

Behold, Mount Delusion, in all its grandeur:


It's no Rushmore or Everest, but it gets the job done. I usually strap on my climbing gear and head on up The Path as quickly as I can.

I've made it here often enough:


It stings when I have to climb back down, tail-between-legs. A lot. But hey, what's life if it doesn't bite you in the ass now and again?

Fortunately, though, I only made it here with the girl in question:


Disappointing to be sure, but the key factor of "Area Code Gap" (and not just 416/905) played a key role.

It's just a good thing I didn't do this, or else I'd have been in real trouble:


Those are a bit harder to shake off. Trust me.

1 comment:

Eve said...

Boy, do you know how to pick 'em.