Friday, March 16, 2007

Sorting through the photos.

I downloaded a few Florida photos and movies from my camera, and I'll chuck them in my Yahoo Photos as soon as I can.

My camera has a "stitch assist" feature, which helps you take panoramic photos in multiple shots. But, how to sew them together? In the past I did this manually; it was exceedingly tedious and produced fairly lousy results. After tooling around on the Inter Nets, though, I found a nice little program called AutoStitch, put together by a couple of guys at UBC.

Holy crap is this thing good. Witness this panorama of Al Lang Field in Tampa, put together from three separate photos:

It finds common features, automatically twists and warps the photo if need be, and generally does a fantastic job.

More photos to come, of course.

No comments: