Sunday, February 11, 2007

A baseball junket for baseball junkies.

I realize this is a stretch, but...

March Break is coming up (the week of the 12th-16th), and I've got a hankerin' for some Grapefruit League baseball action. I've been poking around the 'net here and there (a great way to avoid marking quizzes) and managed to find some cheap flights out of Detroit, decently-priced car rentals, and hotels that won't quite break the bank (but probably don't offer room-service caviar). Leaving on the 11th, returing on the 15th. Probably flying into Tampa, chasing baseball teams around for the next three days, applying sunscreen liberally, drinking shitty American beer, and sampling some of the finest steakhouses that central Florida has to offer.

Having two people greatly reduces the cost: hotel rooms, car rentals, 2-for-1 deals at whorehouses, etc.

Contact me if this sounds like your thing. Be forewarned, though: the central focus of the trip will be baseball.

1 comment:

Eve said...

I'm going to Florida for a cruise in August, and it will be my first time in the south part of the states in my whole life (except I guess Hawaii). I might have been down there when I was a kid, but I have no recollection of it.

The purpose of the cruise will be eating, relaxing and squeezing waiter's butts with my mind.