Saturday, December 23, 2006

That about wraps it up for now.

Today brought a huge sigh of relief: the arrival of the Christmas holidays.

(And don't go calling it some pansy-ass "winter break" or a "late December nondenominational festive period," either, because the only reason anybody is getting any time off is because God knocked up this chick and some three dudes gave the baby some crappy presents. Really, does a newborn child need myrrh?)

It's been a long-ass stretch with only one day off (Thanksgiving). I'm really looking forward to putting my brain in neutral for two weeks, occasionally bathing it in alcohol, and picking the whole "working" thing back up in the new year. That's looking mighty appealing at the moment, I'm not gonna lie.

I made good on my promise, and we had s'mores prepared over a Bunsen Burner today. It actually worked really well, but the difference in flame temperature became quite apparent as the marshmallows very easily caught fire. (But, oddly enough, it wasn't the same kind of all-engulfing flame that you'd get with campfire-roasting; it was more of isolated, small flame, easily extinguishable.) Delicious, though.

All my Christmas presents are purchased, except for one which I'll pick up tomorrow. I don't have a lot of time to wrap them, though; I'm headed down to my brother's place at an early-ass time in the morning to help put down some flooring. (Why did I agree to be in Woodstock at 10 a.m., which is a 90-minute drive from me?! I'm a moron.) After that it'll be a few days of relaxing, free laundry (which I do myself, thank you very much) and a ton of sleeping.

Have yourselves a merry little Christmas, folks.

No comments: