Sunday, November 12, 2006

Update and minutiae.

An update on my List Of Seven:
  • Nos. 1 through 4 have seen no progress as of yet.
  • No. 5 can be vigorously crossed off.
  • No. 6 is being completed at the moment (if you only buy one issue this year, buy this one for the Stewart/Colbert interview, and I'm not even joking about that).
  • No. 7 has proven largely skippable, as I feel pretty good.
I've been obsessed this weekend with the debut album by Dire Straits. (If you only know one of their songs, it's probably "Money For Nothing" off their 1985 album, Brothers in Arms. Incidentally, that was one of the first, if not the first, albums I ever purchased with my own money. But I digress.) At any rate, I bought their 1978 self-titled debut album somewhere in the US on a family vacation back when I was in high school, and couldn't stop listening to it; but, since it was on tape, and I don't really listen to tapes anymore, it's been years since I've heard it.

But, for some reason unbeknownst to me, I simply had to listen to this album. Maybe I'd read the word "waterline" in a book somewhere, or heard a chord that reminded me of the sultry, smoky "Lions" that finishes off the record... at any rate, I figured that since I legitimately owned a copy of the album (on tape), it would be perfectly legal to download it through Bittorrent.

And I haven't been able to listen to anything but that all day for the past two days.

Anyway, that's pretty much it. That's all I have to say. I'm basically just writing so I don't have to do any work. Even though this work has to eventually get done. I figure I'll probably tool around on guitar for a bit, reorganize my sock drawer, maybe watch some Aqua Teen Hunger Force cartoons that I haven't seen in a while. You know, important stuff that absolutely has to get done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's funny is that I checked your blog so that I wouldn't have to do my own work. Good job team!

ECB.