- The weather is always dreary. If it's not raining, which it is now, it's snowing. If it's not raining or snowing, it's probably cat-and-dogging, which is when cats and dogs fuck in the streets.
- I get zero days off. In most calendar months there's at least one holiday, or exams, or something to break up the monotony. Not this one.
- Baseball season is far away. This one is mitigated somewhat by the afterglow of my Tigers winning the American League... but "pitchers and catchers" is still three months away.
- It gets dark early. And it just keeps getting darker earlier and earlier, until you start to wonder if the night will eventually swallow the entire day. I suggest praying to Ra.
- It's the eleventh month. But its name suggests it should be the ninth. Whoa, that's wacky!
Fortunately, naps on the couch are the great equalizer. I have absolutely no idea what time I zonked out earlier this evening, but I woke up at around 9:30 tonight and the TV was turned to CBC Newsworld. ('Cause that's how I roll.)
So, in conclusion, blaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh. Is it Christmas yet?