Sunday, October 08, 2006

A shameless cry for attention.

It warms my heart to see comments on this blog, it really does. I've always thought of this space as being a two-way street; I'll throw something out there for consideration, and see what you think of it.

Alas, my topics of choice lately — baseball, politics and my dismal failure of a love-life — haven't elicited a whole lot of responses, so maybe I'll shift gears a bit here this evening and give some attention to subjects about which I wouldn't normally write. So, here goes.

1. Puppies
They're so adorable! Except when they shit on the carpet. Then you just sorta wanna hit 'em with a brick.

2. Cordless Telephones
You'd have thought this piece of technology would've been ironed-out by now. But my parents recently bought one of those newfangled 2.4-GHz models, and the interference rendered the thing unusable. This is progress?!

3. Quarters
They're probably the handiest coin we have. They fit into everything, especially the coin-operated washing machine and dryer in the basement of my building. I hoard them these days.

4. Rubberneckers
If two cars are off on the shoulder of the highway, don't slow down to gawk at the scene: just KEEP MOVING, you jerks. I had enough of you on the road this afternoon... both to and from my destination.

5. Sand
I walked through a childrens' playground last night, and got sand in the treads of my sneakers. Now I have sand all over my house. That stuff really tracks everywhere! I hate sand.

Now, as my old baseball coach used to say, "Talk it up out there!"

6 comments:

kelly o! said...

no comment.

Anonymous said...

why are you wearing your shoes in the house?

JTL said...

I just had my shoes by the mat on which I normally place them, but some of the sand got knocked off onto the floor around it, without me noticing it. Then I mistakenly walked through it, and voila, sand in a lot of places.

Dan said...

Arg, if only there was a post about baseball!

Eve said...

Maf54: I walked through a childrens' playground last night, and got sand in the treads of my sneakers. What are you wearing?

JTL said...

Eve, you rock my socks.